WhatsApp is not only a popular instant messaging app but it has also become a popular social media platform. After Instagram stories, even WhatsApp added a stories function known as WhatsApp Status. These statuses can be seen only for 24 hours,and that is what makes things interesting.
People not only share their own pictures but sometimes they even post a song or a video as their WhatsApp status. Some people want to post or share the same thing on their WhatsApp status. Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not give users an option to download these statuses. So, here’s a quick guide to how you can download WhatsApp Status photos and videos.
How to download WhatsApp Status Video or Photo on Android?
File manager :-
Ever wondered where these photos and videos save temporarily? These media files are cached in the WhatsApp folder on your smartphone. However, just like the 24-hour policy in the app, these media files also get vanished after the 24-hour period. Here’s how you can access those files.
- Open WhatsApp and view the WhatsApp Status you want to download once
- Now, open a File Manager app. If your phone lacks one, you can download the “Files by Google” from the Google Play Store
- Enable the “Show hidden files” option that can be found in the Settings page of your File manager app
- Head over to your phone’s internal storage and look for a folder named “WhatsApp”
- Here, just go to Media > .Statuses
In this folder, you can find all the status videos and photos that you viewed in the past 24 hours. Now, just copy the image or video you want and paste it on any other folder in the internal storage.
Status Saver apps :-
On the Google Play Store, there are plenty of applications labelled Status Saver or Status Saver for WhatsApp. These applications can be downloaded and used to save any WhatsApp videos or photos. However, the downside to such applications is that they come with a ton of advertisements, which can be annoying at one point…….Read More>>