Now, in order to get a new PAN card, you need not fill up a 2-page detailed application form and wait for a few days for it to be delivered. The income tax department has launched a new facility for taxpayers allowing anyone with an Aadhaar card to get an instant PAN card online. Another major advantage of this instant PAN drive is that it is completely free.
Instant PAN facility:
The instant e-PAN card application form required you to just input your Aadhaar number after which an OTP will be sent on your linked mobile phone number for completion of the e-KYC process. One the KYC is complete, a Permanent Account Number (PAN) is issued instantly in just 10 minutes in PDF format to the applicant.
Note that while the e-PAN card is as good and valid as a physical copy, you can still get a laminated PAN card if you want by ordering a reprint for just Rs 50.
Here’s how you can apply for instant PAN card online:
- Visit the income tax department’s e-filing portal and click on “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section under “Quick Links” on the left side.
- Click on “Get New PAN” on the new page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number for allotment of new PAN card and the Captcha code to generate an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
- Validate the OTP and Aadhaar details. Note that you will have an option to validate your email id as well for PAN card application.
- The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number is exchanged with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) after which you will be allotted an instant e-PAN.
- Download your PAN in pdf format by submitting the Aadhaar number at “Check Status/ Download PAN”. You will also get the PAN in PDF format by your email, if your email-id is registered with Aadhaar database.
Requirements for instant e-PAN:
It is worth mentioning that the entire process is not supposed to take more than 10 minutes and it is free, easy and paperless. You are also not required to upload any document on the portal. The facility is available only to those who have never been allotted a PAN before…Read more>>