NEW DELHI: A detailed infographic tweeted by Finance Secretary Ashok Lavasa makes things a lot simpler.
- Do you have notes of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000? You can’t use them, they’ve been banned.
- So now what? Well, you can deposit them at banks or post offices – starting tomorrow and till the end of the year.
- You can trade them – for a maximum of Rs. 4,000 (Friday to November 24) and for larger amounts after that.
- Starting Friday, you can make withdrawals to get new notes. At a bank, you are limited to Rs. 10,000 a day and Rs. 20,000 a week.
- You can also use ATMs to get the new notes upto Rs. 2,000 a day, starting on Friday. You can use your ATM to get twice that amount in new notes from the 19th.